The CGRS has published the asylum figures for June 2023.
Applications for international protection
- In June, the Immigration Office registered 2,740 applicants for international protection. Each person (including children) is counted separately. Another 15 persons were registered in the framework of resettlement. As a result, the total number of applicants in June is 2,755.
- In June 2023, Syria, Afghanistan and Turkey lead the top the top 10 countries of origin of applicants for international protection. Palestine, Eritrea, Congo (DRC), Burundi, Guinea, Georgia and Russia complete the top 10.
- In June 2023, the CGRS took 2,328 decisions, concerning a total of 2,677 persons.
- In June 2023, the protection rate amounted to 44,7 %.
- The total workload of the CGRS corresponds to the number of cases in which the CGRS has not yet taken a decision. At the end of June 2023, the total workload amounted to 22,240 cases (26,382 persons). In view of the current inflow and the expansion of the workforce (more applications are being processed) 6,500 dossiers can be considered as a normal caseload. The actual backlog amounts to 15,740 cases.